Famous Quotes

Sunday, May 8

Reminiscing the Painful Experience: Rubbing Salt into the Wound


Anyone can make mistakes and fail. However, only idiots persist in their error and dwell in their failure. This statement truly makes a lot of sense to me. In my years of training professionals for TOEFL-iBT, most of the trainees I have handled are re-takers. I mean they have already taken the test and failed several times. Indeed, this must be a depressing reality which I suppose you’re not exempted from.
         
Are you one of them? Don't be embarrassed to admit it unless you’re too proud of yourself despite your failure. Do you think your English skills are good enough but you still FAIL the Speaking Test? That must be a big problem. YOU NEED HELP. Again, you need help. You need to find the reasons why you fail. Do not make lame excuses and alibis. Do not find scapegoats. Be responsible. Be humble. Focus and relax.

I have more questions to ask you. For how long have you been hopping from one review center to another around the metropolis for your TOEFL review? The fact is you have not just attended one review center but two almost until infinity (this I believe is a bit exaggerated), haven’t you? Let’s say not just once but twice and worst is that you have already been attending UNLIMITED reviews. How many of those recommended books and study guidebooks for TOEFL-iBT do you own? How many CD’s of TOEFL-iBT Practice Test have you burned? Pirated or original? This of course does not matter. I just want you to smile. I can see you frowning again.

What has this effort brought you? Wait. Stop. Breathe.  You have done all these but you still FAILED? I am now being sarcastic and arrogant.  If this makes you feel bad then I think you're ready to FAIL again. However, if you accept this with an open arm and heart (not the one which is done in an open heart surgical procedure), then I can say you are ready to embark on a new journey to passing the TOEFL-iBT Speaking Test.  As they say, third time is a charm.

Now, relax and contemplate. If you think I am not making sense, you can leave this module in one corner and go back to your old practice and FAIL. But if you feel this will help you, start reading and practicing soon. Enjoy breaking old habits. Have fun unlearning misconceptions. Have a great time relearning basic skills. Finally, PASS the TOEFL-iBT Speaking Test.

By the way, this module is designed not to offer MIRACLE but workable strategies that you could use to pass the TOEFL-iBT Speaking. Now, I only have this to say: Learn the lessons of experience. 

No comments: